Explosion proof bare aluminum head that accepts either traditional threaded or bayonet locking sensor
Burns #5: Aluminum Head
The #5 explosion proof head is available in unfinished aluminum (#5A) or white Epoxy coated (#5E). This Burns custom
designed connection head incorporates both a threaded sensor connection as well as a unique bayonet locking sensor
engagement feature that enable the sensor to be removed from the installed assembly without disconnecting any of the
components between the head and thermowell. Only a screwdriver is necessary to remove the sensor for calibration or
replacement. The assembly includes a neoprene gasket and stainless steel chain. NEMA 4X rated.
FM Approved for hazardous locations:
Class I Div 1, Groups A, B, C, D
Class II Div 1, Groups E, F, G
Class III Div 1
• Code #5EN, configured for No Exposed Threads installation;
N.E.T. Solutions™ (#5EN is not FM Approved).
• ½” NPT sensor connection and ¾” NPT conduit connection.
• Includes an internal grounding screw and a 6 position terminal block.
• Accepts any Burns transmitter.
• Works with: Series 100, 200, 300; Sensor Styles A, B, K, and L,
and most Series S sensors.
|Hazardous area rating||Yes|